What’s this year’s Catalyst University theme?
Each year, we like to explore a different aspect of leadership. This year it’s “unique.”
Did you know that every leader is leading at their current position in life based on the lessons they have learned from their own past experiences. Our mission is to help you understand how your personal journey makes you unique!
What do I need to put on my calendar?
- Please arrive at Wings Event Center on Thursday, May 21, 2020 beginning at 7:00 am for registration. That’s when the energy will begin pumping; our official start is 8:30 am.
- The address is 3600 Vanrick Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49001. On-site parking is free for everyone. You can view a parking map here.
- The early bird gets the worm, and has been known to get a donut or two!
- We’re planning for a sunny day. Weather permitting, enjoy our outdoor experiences created just for you. We guarantee that you’ll hear us chirping upon arrival (Wink. Wink.)
How can I be sure to arrive on time?
- Don’t find yourself in a jam—getting to Catalyst University on time during rush hour can be tricky, so we’ve worked with MDOT to provide you with some alternate routes to expedite your arrival! You can see them here.
- We also highly encourage carpooling and setting your alarm a bit earlier to ensure that you don’t miss a thing.
What do I need for registration?
- Your name badge is your ticket to Catalyst University. Just like a concert, you’ll need this credential to enter.
- Upon arrival, be sure you’re wearing your badge and lanyard for an easy, breezy check-in.
- If you do not have the badge, stop at Catalyst University Registration to facilitate your entry. Please bring a printed digital proof of purchase (i.e. eTix or EventBrite ticket) to speed up the process.
What does my name badge mean?
General Admission: This is your ticket providing all-day access to Catalyst University! You may sit anywhere in sections 1 through 8 OR 22 through 30.
Your Name Here: Share your name with your fellow attendees. Use a Sharpie® at home to pre-write your name or visit our Sharpie Stations onsite.
Add-Ons: If the bottom section of your badge notes one of the special designations below, you are in for some special treats!
- Sponsor or Floor: Access to seating on the floor at assigned tables, the Floor lounge and the Perks lounge.
Samples shown are from Catalyst University 2019 and are subject to change.
Where do I sit?
- Badges marked as Sponsor or Floor should tiptoe down to the actual floor and look for the table marked with their company name.
- General Admission ticket holders should sit in the main event center seats around the bowl area. Seats are not reserved, so grab yours while its hot (and available)!
How do I connect?
- We’ll be tweeting, Facebooking and Instagramming all day, and hope you’ll join in! Share photos, speaker quotes, videos and everything else using the hashtag #CatalystU2020.
Help! What do I wear?
- Jeans, jeans, jeans. Leave your suits, ties and heels at home!
- And since May could be toasty (we can only hope), khakis or shorts are acceptable too. If you choose to wear shorts, consider how much leg you want several thousand other leaders to see.
What are the House Rules?
- Bring your open mind; leave the closed one home.
- No talking on cell phones inside the bowl or in the concourse during the show.We don’t want to hear about your “Aunt Sally.”
- If you don’t like to learn, laugh and cry, then you should hide in the bathroom stall all day.
- Say hello to your neighbor. You always need more friends.
- Get ready to smile. Your picture may be taken.
- Warning: There will be loud music. Feel free to bring your own earplugs.
What’s the food and drink situation?
- Breakfast will not be served, so fuel up before showing up.
- Have no fear, there will be plenty of coffee, water and soft drinks!
- Light snacks will be found in your Catalyst University swag bags.
- We’ll treat you to an awesome lunch.
- Immediately following, join us for an on-site tailgate sponsored by Imperial Beverage.
Do I need money?
- Your pre-paid ticket covers your event participation and food during the above-mentioned times.
- Raid your piggy bank before you come if you’d like to take advantage of offerings at the Catalyst University Book Store, Swag Booth and Speaker Shoppe, or make a purchase from one of our Makers’ Mart Finalists. Credit cards will be accepted.